3 Strike Policy
Updated Thursday January 29, 2015 by Tony Cuzick.
3 Stike Policy
It is the purpose of Richmond Girls Softball to provide the best possible facilities, amenities, and atmosphere to the entire youth softball community for their enjoyment and opportunity to compete in the sport of softball at a recreational level of play. To achieve this goal, Richmond Girls Softball must have the cooperation of every player, coach and spectator to assure a friendly and family oriented facility. We ask that all coaches abide by the following rules and policies.
The Coach's primary role is to teach the kids assigned to his/her team the fundamental skills of softball in a fun, challenging and safe manner. This includes teaching each player how to properly execute the fundamentals of the game. Coaches agree to attend any mandatory coach training sessions that may be required by the Board of Directors.
Specific responsibilities of each coach:
- Coaches will teach the game of softball to the best of their ability, continually working to improve their own understanding of the game related to fundamentals, strategy and competition
- Coaches will be positive role models and do their best to provide a positive experience all those involved with the league
- Coaches will teach and display good sportsmanship at all times
- Coaches will provide organized team practices each week, per scheduled and assigned field times, to further the development of individual player skills and teamwork required
- Coaches will treat all players, coaches, parents and umpires with respect at all times
- Coaches will not tolerate behavior that endangers the health or well-being of a child
- Coaches will comply will all decisions made by league officials and/or the Board of Directors
- Coaches will be drug and alcohol free while at any RGS athletic event
We will follow a three-strike policy for coach’s conduct based on the policies outlined below. All disciplinary actions seen as a violation of this conduct must be submitted online at www.richmondgirlssoftball.com, or by filling out comment form available at concesion stand. This policy is cumulative in collection of strikes and is based on a calendar year period.
- Disciplinary Action - verbal conversation with violator by at least two members of the board with written documentation of the violation and violator signed by two members of the Board and turned into the League Secretary to file
- Offending Conduct
- Any complaint the Board feels warrants investigation
- Cursing in a manner in which others beyond the reach of normal conversation can hear
- Bullying or intimidating anyone, including players, coaches, umpires or parents
- Ejection from game (could also be classified as strike two, to be determined by board on a case by case basis)
- Disciplinary Action - verbal conversation with violator by at least two members of the board with written documentation of the violation and violator signed by two members of the Board and turned into the League Secretary to file. In addition, a two-game suspension will be enforced - coach cannot participate or attend the games while under suspension.
- Offending conduct
- Two strike one violations
- Throwing of any equipment that clearly endangers others
- Ejection from game (to be determined by board on a case by case basis)
- Disciplinary Action - Verbal conversation with board quorum with written documentation of the violation and violator signed by all present board members and turned in League Secretary to file. Suspended for the remainder of the season or 1 year based upon timing and board vote.
- Offending Conduct
- Any type of physical assault except actions found to be in self defense
- Deliberate abuse or stealing of RGS property
- Carrying of weapons or firearms on RGS grounds (except law enforcement officials with applicable permits)
All violations of the three-strike conduct policy will be handled by the Board in a fair and impartial manner. The Board will strive to get both sides of each grievance and will solicit information from neutral parties present during altercation.